Compassion is at the heart of our care


At “AAA”, we understand that making the decision to entrust your child, relative or even yourself to the care of other people can be traumatic enough without having to worry about how it will be funded or how you will go about finding the right package of support. We have therefore put together some guidance for you with the options and processes involved which we hope will help in some way.

Residential Placements

A residential placement typically consists of a property, located within an ordinary community setting (owned by the care provider) that is shared between a group of individuals with similar needs. Care is usually provided on a 24 hour basis, with either waking or sleep in night support, depending on the needs of the individuals. There are also staff on shift throughout the day to support individuals in all aspects of their life.

Within “AAA”, the package includes  the provision of a full programme of activities. All food and household bills are paid for, all standard furniture provided and maintenance of the property, including safety adaptations, repairs and the installation of assistive technology is all the responsibility of “AAA”.

Supported Living Placements

‘Supported Living’ is a term used whereby an individual has their own apartment or house (tenancy) which is usually rented.  People may choose to live on their own or to ‘house share’ with peers. Alongside sourcing a property, (which can be through local council housing stock, a housing association or a private landlord), the individual will have their care support needs assessed by the funding authority.

Providers will them be invited to meet the individual and their representatives who will select which provider they want to deliver this care.

In terms of how Supported Living placements are funded, this works as follows:

How do I find a good provider?

There are various website that will direct you to care providers. One of the most popular is Also, your local council may have advice on their own website. Alternative, you can ‘Google’ the key phrase or words that apply to type of care and support you are looking for.

Once you have found a provider you are interested in, look them up on the Care Quality Commission (CQC website). CQC is an independent body who monitor, inspect and rate care providers.

Always visit the care provider. Find out about their values, meet the manager and staff and really get a ‘feel’ for the organisation. Never be afraid of asking questions – as many as you like and as frequently as you need.

Before offering to provide a placement or care package, the provider should always complete a thorough assessment so as to ensure that they fully understand the person being referred and are confident that they can meet their needs.

At “AAA”, we work closely with the families of the people we support and for those individuals, who are not able to advocate for themselves, welcome the advice of friends and family so that we can support the individual to lead a lifestyle that encompasses their likes, dislikes and all that is important to them.